About The Enneagram
The Enneagram personality profile is a self-awareness tool that can help you identify your behavior patterns and how you interpret and manage your emotions.
Ennea: is derived from the Greek word for nine and Gramma: meaning something that is written. It is a unique tool containing nine distinct personality types that help you identify your unique personality and your core fears and motivations.
Discovering your Enneagram type and your set of core beliefs will give you insight into what consistently motivates you to take particular actions and make certain decisions. Each of the nine personality types is defined by a particular core belief about how the world works.
This core belief drives your deepest motivations and fears and shapes your worldview and the perspective through which you see the world and the people around you.
Understanding your Enneagram type and how it affects your perceptions can help you broaden your perspective and approach situations more effectively.
The enneagram is a great way to become more self-aware. Self-awareness helps you understand why you act in specific ways and the impact your actions have on others. This is key in helping you discover deeper levels of intimacy as you learn more about yourself and others.
- Idealistic Type Ones are known to be principled moral perfectionists that are purposeful, self-controlled, and love to improve everything and everyone around them.
- Empathetic Type Twos are known to be generous, supportive, advising, and demonstrative.
- Charismatic Type Threes are known to be adaptable, achievers that enjoy excelling, they are driven, and image-conscious.
- Authentic Type Fours are known to be romantic individualists that are expressive, artistic, and dramatic.
- Analytic Type Fives are known to be perceptive, investigatory, innovative, guarded, and isolated.
- Realistic Type Sixes are known to be loyal guardians that are engaging, responsible, and suspicious.
- Optimistic Type Sevens are known to be entertaining, spontaneous, versatile, acquisitive, and scattered.
- Heroic Type Eights are known to be protective, challengers, self-confident, decisive, willful, and confrontational.
- Diplomatic Type Nines are known to be peaceful, receptive, reassuring, complacent, resigned, with great mediating ability.
Take your free Enneagram test at yourenneagramcoach.com.
For more amazing resources to help you grow, check out Certified Enneagram Coach and our personal friend Jackie Brewster's site www.enneagramwithjb.com.